Build A Website for FreeBook - 2011
Provides information on using Web 2.0 technologies to create a Web site, covering such topics as Web page services, HTML, working with images, site testing and maintenance, using WordPress, and building a wiki.
Build yourself a state-of-the-art website.
It’s incredibly easy...and it won’t cost you a dime!
You need a website. But you don’t need the hassles that usually go with building one or the expense of hiring someone else to do it. Here’s your solution: Build a Website for Free! You’ll learn how you can use new Web 2.0 technologies to create a site that’s impressive and effective. And here’s the best part: You’ll do it all with software and tools that won’t cost you a dime!
- Plan, organize, and design a site that really works, using tools you can find for free
- Discover the simple secrets of writing pages people want to read
- Adapt your site for easy viewing on mobile devices
- Use video on your site--and get someone else to pay for hosting it
- Add an easy-to-update blog and start building your own web community
- Quickly and easily handle “nuts and bolts” tasks, from getting your site name to uploading your content
- Get your site picked up by Google, Yahoo!, and other search engines
In this update of the 2009 edition, Bell (PhD student in telecommunications, Indiana U.), who started his first web design company in 1993, explains the steps to planning, designing, building, maintaining, and promoting a website using free software tools: a basic one for personal or small business use, multimedia site, blog, wiki, or content management system. The guide lists the most common HTML tags and free and open-source software sites. Annotation ©2011 Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)